- To facilitate and increase the scientific communication among the Spanish mathematicians by creating a network that covers the most important areas in mathematical research in Spain.
- To use mathematical events at each node to bring mathematicians together.
- To create a repository containing the most relevant events available to the whole Spanish mathematical community.
- To serve as a communication channel between current and future nodes.
- Through the IEMath Digital Communications platform.
- Hosted on the CESGA-Supercomputing Centre of Galicia (Xunta de Galicia-CSIC Foundation) in Santiago de Compostela.
- With nodes at each of the IEMath nodes
- With access from any computer, tablet or roaming device .
- The total equipment cost is 656,488.56 euros (218,000 euros correponds to centralized equipment at CESGA, and the rest to equipment in the different nodes).
Centralized equipment at CESGA-Santiago de Compostela
- 1 Lifesize ClearSea.
- 1 Lifesize UVC Video Center.
- 1 Lifesize UVC Multipoint.
- 3 systems and the IEMath websites as well as a repository for other databases.
1 Lifesize ClearSea – 15 posts.
- A communications system that allows transmission of video, voice and data from PC `s MAC` s IOS and Android mobile devices. It also allows interconnection with traditional video conferencing systems based on SIP and H323.
1 Lifesize UVC Multipoint - 20 HD ports or 40 ports at 480p or 8 ports at 360p
- It allows transmission of video, voice and data with multiple participants and also the configuration of virtual conference rooms where the participants connect using video-conference systems that support SIP and H323.
- For the interconnection of the different video-conferencing systems it is necessary to have a H323 gateway, a gateway for the interconnection of devices with different communication technologies and a gatekeeper solution for registration.
UVC Video-centre Enterprise Edition, 10 recording, 750 connections
- System that allows recorded video sessions. The system, in addition to recording, offers storage functions and broadcast via streaming. Stored videos can be watched afterwards by users with access permissions.
- In order to record videos between devices, it is necessary to have a H323 gateway and a gatekeeper for registration.
- 2 Intel Xeon processors - E5620 (4 cores).
- 6 GB RAM (DDR3 1333 GHz).
- 2 x 1-TB disks in RAID 10.
- 2 Intel Xeon processors - X5650 (12 cores).
- 12 GB RAM (DDR3 1333 GHz).
- 2 x 1-TB disks in RAID 10.
- 2 Intel Xeon processors - E5-2420 6C/12T 2.40 GHz 15 MB.
- RAM 16GB (1x16GB) 2Rx4 L DDR3-1600 R ECC.
- Hard disk HD SAS 6G 1TB 7.2K HOT PL 2.5" BC.
Possible management structure
- Provisional until the creation of IEMath or similar body that gives an institutional shelter.
- Managed by a "Communications Committee" whose composition and functions will define the CPM of IEMath whose main aims will be:
- To identify events (conferences, workshops, schools...) of collective interest for broadcasting or archiving.
- Forward proposals to the CPM.
- Advise the CPM on how to improve the platform and its uses.
- The ability to follow any event in the field of mathematics held in Spain on-line.
- The use of private resources for the training of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Usage in Colleges, Institutes and PhD Schools:
- Transmission of training courses.
- Advanced schools.
- To increase the international visibility of the Spanish mathematical community.
- The network will also include mathematical events, especially conferences.
- The possibility of access by groups such as:
- High school and university students.
- High school teachers (positive impact on training).
- The media.
- General public.